Thursday, February 11, 2010

Social Networking

Okay, so I wasn't going to post again tonight and I'll get to a more useful one tomorrow. I had to tell a funny story. As I was writing my last post on this newly formed blog a school friend Facebooked me replying to my comments that I'm addicted to genealogy. David related that he discovered his 22nd g-grandfather was Chaucer.

Well, guess who my husband's 21st g-grandfather is? Yep, Chaucer.

Anyhow, I guess my point is connections can be found in all sorts of places. Resources are everywhere. Social networking can even be a resource now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elena!

    I sent you a message on Ancestry.com, but it doesn't show that you have logged in there recently. I am researching my Rone roots, and your Caroline (Roan) Mooney is definitely part of my clan. There is a chance that I know the identities of her parents, and am thinking that we might be able to help each other out. I think she is one of three unidentified daughters of Samuel Rone. My suspicion is that two of them, Renah and Caroline, married in Lincoln County, TN in 1840. Despite having only one match for Renah, the DNA evidence is fairly strong. It is less strong for Caroline, but there are more results. If I could find even more results, I suspect they would become conclusive. Here's a link to the spreadsheet that I am working on to figure all this out. It takes some explanation, but I'll wait for a reply before expending that effort:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UP4zjRBOmY9CmAMP7qy3wyzEJ3YjQ-DAMmHCGovOYA0/edit?usp=sharing

    Hopefully you will have an interest in helping. It won't require much of your time.

    -Steve
    steveandalea@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete